Artificial intelligence and HPC system have the potential to transform the automotive industries by researching and redesigning the process.
FREMONT, CA: Artificial intelligence (AI) holds the key to a new future of value for the automotive industry. According to a report, the amount of Artificial Intelligence in automotive manufacturing and cloud services will exceed $10.73 billion by 2024.
The advanced capabilities of AI, coupled with increasing consumer expectations, have pushed the automotive industry into a period of digital transformation. Some of the standard AI use cases in the automotive sector consist of the following:
• Smart Manufacturing: Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 technologies is the key to streamlining business, automating, and optimizing manufacturing processes. These manufacturing techniques increase the use of computer vision for defect detection. This process reduces waste and improves quality. The feature of predictive maintenance maximizes productivity and increase the life of the machine.
• Driverless Vehicles: Self-driving vehicles or autonomous vehicles are a boon for the people. There are different levels of autonomous driving, which include: No assistance, partial assistance, highly automated, fully automated, and independent. AI-enabled technologies help provide brains for the vehicles to drive safely without any human assistance or human driver on board.
• Driver Monitoring: AI enable vehicles now can also keep an eye on the driver. AI and deep learning offer an absolute plethora of in-car automotive solutions. This software can detect the presence of the driver in the vehicle. It can adjust the seat, mirrors, and temperature to suit the individual. The system can detect the drowsiness and allow the system to wake the driver up if necessary.
• Supply Chain Optimization: Machine learning and big data analytics can play a role in the manufacturing supply chain. It affects the ability of the factories to provide products that will be in demand shortly, and it reduces waste and overpayment for the required resources. AI can gain greater control over the supply chains, including processes for planning, logistics, inventory tracking, and management.
• Connected Vehicles: Vehicles can easily be transformed into connected devices with the assistance of AI. Vehicles use Wi-Fi connections to upload and download entertainment, navigation, and operational data. In the future, vehicles will connect to each other, to the homes, and infrastructure. This system can predict component failures to help the owners to avoid problems and also can send driving and accident data to insurance companies.
• Shared Mobility Services: In the future, many car companies will need to become mobility companies to address changing consumer demand. This feature will allow the companies to accurately price rides in areas with low concentrations of drivers but high concentrations of customers. Shared mobility services can also use predictive analytics to create routing algorithms based on traffic flow data. It could include time-sensitive traffic flow data such as traffic levels at rush hour across different areas of a city or data from new events such as car accidents or road work detours. Shared mobility service with proprietary vehicles can make use of predictive analytics in scheduling maintenance for their vehicles. IoT sensor technology are likely to be used for detecting wear and tear and the probability of car failure. This feature will help the company to decide which car is in higher need for maintenance.
• Quality Control: In order to maintain the quality of the vehicles, AI can identify the defects quickly. The AI-powered devices can provide outstanding quality control (QC). Machined parts, painted car bodies, textured metal surfaces, and more can be inspected for quality control.
A high-performance computer (HPC system) is an essential tool in the automotive industry for designing, engineering, and testing processes. HPC systems are used to increase the performance of design, simulation, and testing applications. This system allows engineers to design and test components. In the future, AI will automate, accelerate, and improve the accuracy of these development processes. HPC powered systems increases vehicle safety and reduced cost. It can be used to support remote visualization for multiple users on a single, virtualized server supporting Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
AI is playing a crucial role in the automotive industries. The two keys to automotive success are artificial intelligence and high-performance computing. The share of automotive organizations deploying AI at scale has grown to 10 percent compared to 7 percent in 2017. The changes made by the technologies are fast approaching. Manufacturers should learn what the sources of value really are and then start developing the necessary analytical capabilities and establishing an AI-ready culture.